Friday 18 April 2014

P - Power Drift! I've Got the Power...

In 1988, Sega put out yet another racer to combine the speed out Outrun with a competitive edge and more of the stunt racing feel. Power Drift was the result and became a popular port to many systems of the era. This was my very first full-priced game I received as a gift, with it's card box and posh instructions I was a very excited mini-bug. The punk on the coverart looked hardcore too. The game itself is good, but far from great with a general slow pace and iffy scaling. The rollercoaster style tracks are present however, and make for a bit of a good racing session. More power required to be a true classic, if you get my drift.

Honourable Mentions - Paperboy, Pang, Prehistorik.

Amstrad Coverart - Tape & Disc version



Bug...'Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment